Hina Khan, Born to a Muslim family in Srinagar, J&K, moved to Delhi to do her management studies. She completed her Master of Business Administration (MBA) in 2009 at the CCA School of Management, Gurgaon, Delhi. Hina belongs to Muslim family and also not from any cosmopolitan city and also did not have any filmy background. Hina had to struggle a lot to get to the acting world. Hina was always an average student and more interested in painting and singing than her studies but had a burning desire to become an actress. On the lighter side Amitabh Bachchan and Kajol are Hina Khan’s all time favourite Bollywood stars.
She had wanted to be a journalist, but instead became an actress. She had interviewed for airhostess and had been selected for the 6 months training in Mumbai, but could not go because she suffered from malaria. One day, she went in for auditions, with her friends, to Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. She did not take the audition seriously, but the very next day she got a call from the producer that she had been selected for the main lead. Recently, it was known from a source that Hina Khan is a very talented designer as well. There was a scene in which Akshara (Hina Khan) came up designs for jewelery. It was done by Hina Khan in real!
Hina’s role in ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata hai’ is her first appearance on small screen. This serial has become very popular in a very short span of time. Currently she is also working on a film ‘Mere Saajan’ which will release later this year.
In ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehla ta hai’ Hina Khan is playing the character Akshara Mehswari Singhania. Akshar’s character is that of a very calm and composed girl who is loved and adored by every member of the family.
1. In 2009, Best Yogya Jodi award at Star Parivaar Award.
2. In 2009, Best Naya Sadasya (Female) award at Star Parivaar Award.
3. In 2009, Best Actress at New Talent Award.
4. In 2009, Best Popilar award at Indian Television Academy Award.
5. In 2009, Best Newcomer (Female) award at Indian TELLY Award.
6. In 2010, Best Beti award at Star Parivaar Award.
7. In 2010, Best Patni award at Star Parivaar Award.
8. In 2010, Fresh Face of the Year at Gold Award.
2nd October 1986