Nawabzada Mirza Jamiluddin Ahmed Khan was Born on 20th January 1925 to a literary family in Delhi. His grandfather Nawab Allauddin Ahmed Khan was friend and student of Ghalib. His father Sir Ameeruddin AhmedKhan was also a poet and his mother Syeda Jamila Baigum belonged to the family of Mir Dard. Aali earned a BA in Economics from Anglo Arabic College in Delhi. Jamil married Tayaba Bano. He have five children. His son Raju Jamil ia a television actor. While his second son Murad Jamil is a famous architect in Pakistan. In 1947, after partition of India, his family migrated to Pakistan and settled in Karachi. He joined the Civil Services of Pakistan in 1951. In 1971 he obtained an FEL and LLB from Karachi University. Aali was also former member of Pakistan Peoples Party and also contested the general elections on March 7, 1977 from NA-191 but lost. In 1997, he was elected as member of the Senate for a six year term with support of MQM.
Aali was suffering from diabetes and respiratory related illness and was admitted in a hospital in Karachi. He died of heart attack on 23th of November 2015 in Karachi. He was survived by his wife, three sons and two daughters.
He wrote many patriotic songs and renown as patriotic poet of Pakistan.
His famous patriotic songs are:
- Aye Watan Ke Sajelay Jawanoo sung by Noor Jehan During 1965 war
- Jeevay Jeevay Pakistan sung by Shahnaz Begum in 1968.
- Hum mustafavi Mustafavi Hein official song of 1974 Islamic Conference Summitat Lahore.
- Mein Chota Sa Ek Ladha Hoon.
- Mera Paigham Pakistan sung by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
- Jo Naam Wahi Pehchan, Pakistan Pakistan.
- Itne Bade Jeewan Sagar Mein Tu Ne Hamein Pakistan Diya sung by Allan Fakir.