It started with Om Shanti Om and since then King Khan hasn’t looked back.
His chiseled abs have made an appearance in films like Happy New Year andDilwale and while he may think it’s a myth that girls go gaga over abs, we are very much gaga over his. So how does he do it?
In a 30-minute live feed, the actor introduced fans to his gym, in his house (yes, it’s insane) and walked them through his workout regime. We took the liberty of jotting down the most important bits for you. Here’s all that you need to know:
He doesn’t diet, eats twice a day, only lunch and dinner and no meals between these two.
At home he eats sprouts, grilled chicken, broccoli, sometimes lentils, and that is his food day-in-day out, everyday. However, he is flexible when he is a guest at someone’s house.
He doesn’t have sugar.
He doesn’t drink protein shakes.
He advises to eat in moderation, and eat everything and anything as long as you clock in a good hour’s workout.
He exercises post midnight and ends it at around 3am, and then has his dinner. He works out 4-5 times a day depending on the work load and late night shoots.
He lifts 30-40 pound dumbbells.
He cycles for cardio, and does it everyday for 30 minutes.
For an intense workout during cycling, he wears a weighted suit, which weighs around 8-10 kgs.
He works out for 30 minutes and mixes up his workout.
He doesn’t lift too heavy, doesn’t increase his weights, but he fluctuates the reps.
Gym dos and don’ts
Gym for 30 minutes (more or less, depending on the gym routine)
Drink lots of water
Don’t talk to your mirror reflection when working out
The video also revealed some insight into the actor’s life. Here are some things you’ll find interesting:
1) He doesn’t want his chiseled abs! He finds them strange, especially when taking a shower, because the water runs over them like water falling on rocks. So he’s changing his workout to make leaner abs.
2) He can’t use a bench press because he has weak shoulders.
3) He hates cardio, finds it ‘boring’, plus he has a broken patella (knee cap) so he cannot run too hard.
4) He watches his favourite shows Breaking Bad, The Night Of, The Night Manager on his iPad while cycling to pass the time.
5) He keeps pictures of himself from Om Shaanti Om because that was the time he initially started working out.
6) 20 years ago he used to hang Hrithik’s picture in his gym for motivation.
7) He has had nine surgeries; his shoulders have three screws drilled in, he has a titanium disc, broken patella, hurt ankle, a toe that is gone, three rib fractures and he broke his hipbone during a shoot once.
8) He was a football player, field hockey player, cricket player, and he wanted to be a sportsman.
9) He thinks horse riding is wrong… (we wonder if this happened afterBaazigar)
10) The only sport he admits he cannot do, is swim.
11) His daughter Suhana does ballet, Aryan does karate.
12) He’s shy when eating in front of people, so he doesn’t eat outside, mainly because he doesn’t like being photographed while eating (basically how we feel at shaadis).
13) Two roles that were physically tiring – Fan, because of a lot of running;Koyla, because of the extreme cold weather.
14) His favourite equipment at the gym is the pull-up bar, followed by the vibrating dumbbell, and twisting push-up bar grips.
Sorry Hrithik, until next time!