Pakistani Showbiz Magazine

Shilpa Shinde files defamation case against three film and TV associations

13

CINTAA and Indian Films and TV producers’ council (IFTPC) had banned Shilpa Shinde from working on any other show after she quit Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai.

Actor Shilpa Shinde seems to be in no mood to let bygones be bygones. The actor who exited Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai amid controversy last year has filed a defamation case against three prominent cine federations — CINTAA, FWICE and IFTPC — in the case. After she quit the show accusing makers of mental torture, the producers complained to Cine & Television Artistes’ Association (CINTAA) as they claimed her exit was unceremonious. Soon, reports surfaced that CINTAA and Indian Films and TV producers’ council (IFTPC) had banned her from working on any other show. The federation, however, refuted the rumours saying it only asked the actor to issue an explanation for leaving the show.

The actress also reportedly filed a complaint against CINTAA for the apparent ban. Now, a year later, she has filed a case against Sushant Singh, the chairman of CINTAA, alleging harm to her reputation in the industry. She has also claimed that CINTAA’s letter led to loss of work opportunities for her.

The case is also filed against Harry Baweja, chairman and member of Federation of western India cine employees (FWICE). It is likely to come up in May. This case comes a few days after the FIR filed by the actor against producer of Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai, Sanjay Kohli. Accusing him of harassment, Shilpa said his misbehaviour was the real reason for her exit from the show, which made her a star.

On being contacted, Shilpa told indianexpress.com that she filed the case on March 25. “I don’t know how this came out in the media because I don’t want to speak about it for some time. I need to talk to my lawyer first that if I can talk about it in public. When the matter goes to court, there shouldn’t be any problem. So, I can’t share details,” she said.

Leave A Reply