Great Grand Masti showed no signs of growth over the 16-17 July weekend as the film raked in around Rs 8.50 crore in its three-day run at the Box Office.
The film was leaked online a few days before its release, something that worked against the adult comedy’s theatrical collections.
The weekend collection of the adult comedy falls well below the opening day collections of the previous installment of the franchise, Grand Masti, which collected Rs 12.50 crore back in 2012.
Day-wise Box Office collections of Great Grand Masti:
- Friday (15 July): Rs 2.50 crore
- Saturday (16 July): Rs 2.50 crore
- Sunday (17 July): Rs 3.50 crore
The Riteish Deshmukh-Aftab Shivadasani-Vivek Oberoi film is one of the biggest flops of 2016 and will end its lifetime run below Rs 20 crore.
On the other hand, Salman Khan’s Sultan witnessed a noticeable jump in collections at the Box Office during the same period. The film raked in around Rs 35 crore in its second weekend, taking the 12-day collections to approximately Rs 265 crore.
Day-wise Box Office collections of Sultan:
- Week One: Rs 229.16 crore
- Second Friday (15 July): Rs Rs 7.43 crore
- Second Saturday (16 July): Rs 11.46 crore
- Second Sunday (17 July): Rs 16.00 crore (Estimate)
- Total: Rs 265 crore (Estimate)
The sports drama is now looking to end its Box Office run with collections close to Rs 300 crore, proving to be yet another blockbuster for Salman Khan.