The exceptional actor Imran Abbas plays a game of chance with us, answers questions about Bollywood, and his latest TV drama Tum Kon Piya
1. Vikram Bhatt’s Creature 3D or Muzaffar Ali’s Jaanisar?
Both of them are very significant for me. Creature 3D was my first film, so it is very close to my heart. However, Jaanisar is even closer because Muzaffar Ali directed it. I was an art student, and graduated as an architect from National College of Arts, Lahore. For me, Muzaffar Ali is art personified. So if I really have to pick, I would say Jaanisar.
2. Modelling or acting?
4. Your first celebrity crush?
5. What is your favourite poem?
I have many favourites. One of them is by Amjad Islam Amjad, calledKaho Mujhse Mohabbat Hai.
6. If you could wake up in someone else’s body tomorrow, who would you pick and what would you do?
I’m quite content being Imran Abbas, I wouldn’t want to wake up in anyone else’s body.
7. What’s your favourite exercise?
There’s a long list of exercises that I don’t like. I hate running. I hate squats. I hate leg days. However, I am a fitness freak and I love swimming and cardio.
8. What’s your favourite breakfast food?
I eat very healthily. My breakfast consists of oats, greens, proteins, and boiled eggs. Initially, I felt deprived of delicious treats but finally my taste buds have become attuned to healthy food, I don’t crave unhealthy stuff. Nehari, paya and a lot of our traditional oily foods are completely off my menu now. I’m very happy with my current diet.
9. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander.
10. What’s your favourite restaurant?
There’s a restaurant in Islamabad called Monal. It has an amazing menu and a beautiful view. In Pakistan, that’s my favourite.
11. The best fashion trend of all time?
T-shirt and jeans.
12. If you could live in any historical decade, what would it be and where?
I would have loved to be present at the time of Karbala.
13. The best gift you’ve ever received?
My sister left me some beautiful voice notes that I didn’t open until she passed away. She died suddenly, and it was a strange experience. Soon after, I tried to find things that would help me connect with her memory, which is when I found those two voice notes. They will always be very special to me and are the most beautiful gifts I’ve ever received.
14. Have you ever been star-stuck by a celebrity?
I don’t know why, but not till date. When I was a kid I liked Babra Sharif a lot, as well as Madhuri Dixit. I think if I ever met Madhuri Dixit I would be star-struck.
15. Favourite co-star?
16. What is your pet’s name?
I love pets, and I used to have a lot of cats. My first cat’s name was Jojo, and the last one was called Masti Khan.
17. Your favourite dialogue from Tum Kon Piya?
“Kitni ajeeb baat hai na Mom. Itnay baray businessman ka betaRamish Hassan, jo apne zindigi ka sauda karne aaya. Apne zindigi ke sab se baray haadse mein shikast kha gaya.”
The daily grind: Sanam Saeed
18. Three words to describe your Tum Kon Piya co-actor, Ayza Khan?
She’s decent, diligent, and would make a great housewife!
19. Three reasons why audiences should watch Tum Kon Piya?
Because it’s already a best-selling novel, it’s very relatable, and it has your favourite actors!