|Native name||عروہ حسین|
|Born||Urwa Tul Wusqua
July 2, 1991
|Occupation||Model, Actress, VJ|
|Relatives||Mawra Hocane (sister)|
Urwa Tul Wusqua better known as Urwa Hocane (Urdu: عروہ حسین) is a Pakistani VJ, model and actress.Hocane made her film debut in the 2014 romantic comedy Na Maloom Afraad.
Early life and career
Hocane was born in Karachi but she grew up in Islamabad where she completed her education from Bahria College, Islamabad. She is the sister of another television actress Mawra Hocane. As a teenager, she performed as a theater artist before she started working as a VJ for ARY Musik.
Television and film career
Hocane made her acting debut with leading role in the 2012 romantic drama Meri Ladli alongside Ahsan Khan and Sajal Ali. She later appeared in hit serial such as Kahi Un Kahi, and Madiha Maliha. Her portrayal of a girl subjected to family pressures and a forced wedding in Marasim.
She made her film debut in the 2014 romantic comedy Na Maloom Afraad opposite Fahad Mustafa, Mohsin Abbas Haider and Javed Sheikh. The film received generally positive reviews, and she was praised for her performance. She was offered Ekta Kapoor’sBollywood film Azhar alongside Emran Hashmi, which she refused saying that she didn’t want to do bold scenes.
- Na Maloom Afraad as Naina (2014)
- Maalik (2016)
- Two+Two (2016)Television
- Ideals as Wajeeha
- Yeh Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti as Alishba
- Kahi Un kahi as Anam
- Madiha Maliha as Maliha
- Meri Ladli as Rafia
- Anaya Or uski Mayen as Anaya
- Aik Pagal Si Larki as Nabeela
- Namak Paray as Saira
- Marasim as Nayab
- Tum Mera He Rehna as Rania
- Laal Chaadar as Bareera
- Kitni Girhain Baaki Hain as Maya
- Ghayal as Sidra
- Mere Ajnabi as Hareem
- Udaari as Meeran
- Hassan Choudary (19 October 2015). “Unraveling the mystery: Here’s why Mawra and Urwa’s surname is ‘Hocane'”. The Express Tribune. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- “Unravelling Urwa Hocane”. Tribune.com.pk. 19 July 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- “I am the bad girl in this industry: Urwa Hocane”. Daily Dawn. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- “Na Maloom Afraad: the game-changer”. The Express Tribune. 1 October 2014.
- “Pakistani actress Urwa Hocane refuses Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Azhar'”. The Times of India.
- “No need to look ‘anywhere else’ for work except Pakistan: Urwa Hocane”. The Express Tribune. 19 February 2015.
- “Humayun Saeed plays Malik Riaz in biopic ‘Malik'”. The News Tribe. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- “Adding ‘Two + Two’ to 2016’s film calendar”. The Express Tribune. Retrieved 23 October 2015.