He was poet of the most popular patriotic film song for Pakistani Military..!
Film Changez Khan (1958) was a super flop film but only was known for its super hit patriotic song:
- A Mard-e-Mujahid, Jaag Zara, Ab Waqt-e-Shahadat Hay Aya, Allah-o-Akbar..!
This ever green song was written by Tufail Hoshiarpuri, who was a renowned poet and journalist from the 1950s.
Tufail Hoshiarpuri was a school teacher in Hoshiarpur, Indian Punjab. He was an activist in Pakistan Movement and read patriotic poems in Muslim Leagues political gatherings, therefor he was suspended from his job by the authorities. Famous actor Agha Saleem Raza introduced him to film producers. He wrote songs for movies in 1946 like Rehana, Chupkay Chupkay, Paraey Bas Mein and Gulnar.
After partition, he left his native city Hoshiarpur and started his career as a journalist. He published Daily Mahfil and Weekly Saaf Go from Lahore. He also joined Radio Pakistan Lahore in 1952. He was a busy film poet in the 1950s and wrote songs for movies like Shammi,Laray, Be-Qarar (1950), Shehri Babu (1953), Pattan (1955), Chann Mahi, Qismat,Sarfarosh, Dulla Bhatti (1956), Waada (1957), Changez Khan (1958), Mousiqar (1962) etc. Some of his super hit songs from these movies are as below:
- Wasta e Rabb da Tun Jain Way Kabootra.. film Dulla Bhatti (1956)
- Raatan Merian Bana Kay Rabba Anherian.. film Shehri Babu (1953)
- Teri Ulfat Mein Sanam, Dil Nay Buhat Dard Sahay.. film Sarfarosh (1956)
- Chhad Javin Na Channa Banh Phar Kay.. film Pattan (1955)
- Ni Suhay Chooray Waliye.. film Shammi (1950)
- Bunday Chandi day Sonay di Nath Lay Kay.. film Chann Mahi (1956)
His real name was Mohammad Tufail, he was born on July 14, 1914 and died on January 4, 1993. He was awarded Pride of Performance.
|Real name||Mohammad Tufail|
|Date of Birth||14-07-1914|
|Born at||Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India|